Are you suffering from Teenage Affluenza? After watching this great ironic video, you may be reminded of that you lead a lucky life. Isn't it time you give back? To do something real?
In the 5-minute video below, there are several points in which you may realize how fortunate you are. For example, a boy is complaining about his outdated Playstation 2, while another boy's only toy is a brass bombshell casing. In another case a girl is embarrassed by the 1980's Toyota Corolla her mother drives her to school in, when a girl around the world has to lead her blind mother home on a dark road at night after spending a day begging. Many times teens complain that having four pairs of shoes is a lack of footwear, where a child with no shoes cuts a gash in his toe.
Incredible video, this should be aired in Canadian television to prove to children that what we have is well.... everything and what children in countries like Darfur have nothing.
ReplyDeleteYea I agree that this is retarded, we should be grateful for what we have... because most of us really do have it really good.
ReplyDeleteFor a quick example, I always find myself talking about commuting to school, how much it blows... but there's kids out there who cant afford money for the bus or the train and they have to walk, so I see what this is saying.
Totally agree with this. It disgusts me how complacent teens in places like Australia, Europe and of course North America have become. Coming from a place like India, I am no stranger to any of this b/c I have seen what poverty really looks like. However, I was very lucky to be born in the city and never actually have to personally experience ANY of this.
ReplyDeleteHonestly the reason why people are like this is b/c they are ignorant of what is actually out there in the real world. They are WAY too sheltered. Only once they are exposed to the living conditions of the people in Africa, Asia, South America, etc. (hint hint: dominican republic exposure trip) will people actually realize how good we all have it here.
Lucky for me though, my parents have kept me grounded all these years. Don't believe me? Then visit my house one day, you won't see any X-Box or PS2 (forget PS3 lol), and I have two pairs of shoes (one running and one dress) and one pair of boots. I do not consider myself poor though, I mean honestly why would I? For what possible reason do I need more than 2 pairs of shoes and 1 pair of boots?
Couldn't Agree more with this. It's becoming hell bad in Australia, not sure about Canada. Some ungreatful need to be sent to places where they have nothing, like Africa.
ReplyDelete