
In a world with so many rich, powerful celebrities, how many of them are actually doing good and making a reasonable, meaningful difference? Celebrity music artist Usher is one to believe that "to whom much is given, much is expected."
Usher started a non-profit organization called New Look. He explains that when he started New Look, "I had reached a point where writing a check for charitable causes just wasn't enough. I wanted to know that I've made a difference in a child's life; that I've significantly used my own talents, passion and resources to impact the lives of young people [and ultimately their families and communities] in positive and stable ways."
So, Usher determined that for him, "the best way to do that was to sit in the driver's seat of a non-profit organization, to build a team that could help me formulate a strategic plan with measurable outcomes and to implement it in a responsible manner".
New Look's logo is a star, "representing constant change".
Empowered youth are more likely to be active in their communities. New Look is one example of an organization that tries to make youth's goals much more attainable.
Usher hit the trail to make a difference with the video recently for his latest single, "Hush" encouraging voters to get to the polls.
Music Video for "Hush" by Usher
No comments:
Post a Comment