UPDATE: This Blog Has Moved!

The Speak Up for Change Blog has moved from Blogger to a brand new website at SpeakUpForChange.ca! All of our existing blog posts, pages and articles are available on the new site.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankful for Freedom

by Patricia Stavropoulos

This post is part of a series on the week of Thanksgiving (in Canada). Our contributors were asked to respond to the question: "What are you thankful for?"

What am I thankful for? I had this conversation with my three-year-old cousin the other day as I tried to explain to him what Thanksgiving is all about. I said that you can be thankful for anything and everything God has blessed you with, from your teacher to the very toys you're playing with.

Personally I'm thankful for being a Canadian citizen and all the advantages it has. Last Tuesday I voted for the first time. I was so happy to live in a democratic country and to have a say in who will represent me as a citizen.

I feel absolutely blessed to live in a peaceful, beautiful and economically rich country like Canada. I can't imagine living anywhere else.


Patricia Stavropoulos is an undergraduate student at the University of Ottawa, Ontario.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest Posts on Speak Up for Change