This post is part of a series on the week of Thanksgiving (in Canada). Our contributors were asked to respond to the question: "What are you thankful for?"
I am so unbelievably thankful for my mother. She is my inspiration; my reassurance; my best friend. I am the person that I am today because of my mother, Cheryl Ann Bower.She showed me what it means to serve and to love others. She is a sponsor of three World Vision children, donates, works with charities and even serves the sickly and dying at her day job. She also sent me on a trip to the Dominican Republic to see what a life of poverty was like. These experiences she bestowed upon me and her example of living a life of charity and service, she has helped me find my purpose in life; to serve others.
She has guided me through all hardships and has given me motivation and confidence to continue. She has congratulated my accomplishments and helped me continue to strive. She is everything a mother should be, faults and all. She is the reason why I love life. She is the reason why I am the confident and successful young lady I am today.
Maxine Bower is a high-school student in Brampton, Ontario where she is the President of the Social Justice Club.
No comments:
Post a Comment